1. Project Introduction
2014 saw the birth of Dogecoin Dark, a fork of Peercoin, itself an early fork of Bitcoin; in 2016, it was rebranded to Verge Currency.
Verge improves upon the original Bitcoin blockchain with the aim to fulfill its initial purpose; that of providing individuals and businesses with a fast, efficient and decentralized way of everyday transacting while maintaining your privacy.
What is the Verge Currency Mission? Verge Currency aims to empower people around the globe by bringing blockchain transactions into everyday life and makes it possible for people to engage in transactions quickly, efficiently and privately.
With Verge Currency, businesses and individuals now have flexible options for sending and receiving payments.
Is Verge Currency a private company and how is it funded? Following in the spirit of Bitcoin, Verge is an open-source software, and a community. It is not a company, never had an ICO, nor premine. The development is entirely funded by the community and the developers.
WHY VERGE The way that Bitcoin functions, has severe flaws with regards to privacy:
- Public Ledger: The transaction information is public, meaning, that transactions can be linked to a person
- IP Leakage: A persistent and motivated attacker will be able to associate your IP address with your Bitcoin transaction
Due to the above mentioned reasons, it was clear that there would be a need for a privacy coin. Several coins with the similar idea have been created at the time but they were ‘too private’ in the sense that they completely by-passed the public ledger.
The public ledger allows merchants to provide proof of transactions, which is important for bookkeeping. Enter Verge a currency which makes it possible to make private transactions, on a public ledger. Thereby giving every user, the level of privacy they choose.
2. XVG Info
- Total Supply: 15,928,639,352 XVG
- Max Supply: 16,555,000,000 XVG
- Circulating Supply: 15,928,639,352 XVG
- Issue Date: 2014-10-08
- Cryptographic Algorithm: Scrypt, X17, Lyra2rev2, myr-groestl and blake2s
3. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://vergecurrency.com/
- Explorer: https://verge-blockchain.info/
- Source Code: https://github.com/vergecurren
Please sign in to leave a comment.