1. Project Introduction
Vertcoin (VTC), the people's coin, was launched on 8th January 2014 with the aim of being a truly decentralized cryptocurrency. Fairly distributed since launch with no ICO, pre-mines or airdrops, the project aims to be the currency that is available for everyone to acquire.
Staying true to the concept of being fair, Vertcoin is ASIC-resistant with the Lyra2REv2 algorithm, and has previously forked to demonstrate its commitment to being ASIC-free. Currently, Vertcoin can be mined with GPUs and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
Vertcoin is based on the proven Proof-of-Work (PoW) algorithm, Segwit-enabled and is complemented by LIT - Lightning Network developed at MIT, which has been designed to solve scaling problems plaguing many cryptocurrencies without compromising on security.
2. VTC Info
- Total Supply: 49,363,522 VTC
- Max Supply: 84,000,000 VTC
- Circulating Supply: 49,363,522 VTC
- Issue Date: 2014-01-07
- Cryptographic Algorithm: Lyra2RE
3. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://vertcoin.org/
- Explorer: https://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/explorer/
- Source Code: https://github.com/vertcoin-pr
Please sign in to leave a comment.