1. Project Introduction
ZCash is a privacy driven cryptocurrency. It uses the Equihash as an algorithm, which is an asymmetric memory-hard Proof of Work algorithm based on the generalized birthday problem. It relies on high RAM requirements to bottleneck the generation of proofs and making ASIC development unfeasible.
ZCash uses zero-knowledge Succinct Non-interactive Arguments of Knowledge (zk-SNARKs) to ensure that all information (sender, receiver, amount) is encrypted, without the possibility of double-spending. The only information that is revealed regarding transactions is the time in which they take place.
2. ZEC Info
- Total Supply: 6,474,731 ZEC
- Max Supply: 21,000,000 ZEC
- Circulating Supply: 5,196,519 ZEC
- Issue Date: 2016-10-27
- Cryptographic Algorithm: Equihash
3. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://z.cash/
- Explorer: https://explorer.zcha.in/
- Source Code: https://github.com/zcash/zcash
Please sign in to leave a comment.