1. Project Introduction
Namecoin is a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary element in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining.
2. NMC Info
- Total Supply: 14,736,400 NMC
- Max Supply: 14,736,400 NMC
- Circulating Supply: 14,736,400 NMC
- Issue Date: 2011-04-07
- Cryptographic Algorithm: SHA256
3. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://www.namecoin.org/
- Explorer: https://namecoin.webbtc.com/
- Source Code: https://github.com/namecoin
Please sign in to leave a comment.