We are performing an upgrade to the infrastructure powering the cloud service. During this upgrade, intermittent, brief API or cloud control panel outages may occur.
In our staging environment we have completed the upgrade with no impact to online shared-storage (s1, r1, d1 class) instances by utilizing live-migration when necessary, and we will make every attempt to eliminate impact to cloud instances during this maintenance. However, in situations where live-migration fails, there is a possibility that instances may require we perform a reboot on the instance. If this occurs it will cause a brief interruption while the instance boots back up. We will be monitoring for this scenario closely and will take proactive measures if this occurs, but please don't hesitate to open a support ticket if you feel your instance may be affected.
Local storage (l1) class instances may experience a reboot during this maintenance since the local disks backing these instances cannot be migrated in certain situations. We will still make every attempt to live-migrate these instances to avoid a reboot, but in some cases it may be unavoidable. In situations where a l1 class instance is rebooted, please be aware that we will be doing a rolling upgrade and users launching servers in anti-affinity server groups will not be affected as these instances are automatically scheduled on separate compute hosts.
The us-dfw-1 region maintenance windows are scheduled for:
1) Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:00AM until Friday, May 31, 2019 11:59PM CDT
2) Monday, June 3, 2019 10:00AM until Friday, June 7th, 2019 11:59PM CDT
The us-slc region maintenance window is scheduled for:
1) Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 10:00AM until Saturday, June 8th, 2019 11:59PM CDT
Please ensure you have performed backups of the services listed above prior to the maintenance.
The upgrade will consist of 3 phases:
- All cloud control hosts will be upgraded to the OpenStack Rocky release (from Ocata and Pike)
- The Ceph storage cluster powering OnePortal Rapid shared storage instance, volumes, and object storage will be upgraded to Ceph Mimic release
- All compute hosts (hypervisors) will rolling reboot into a new image with the updated Rocky and Mimic packages
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Please feel free to contact us via email (email@example.com), our ticket system (http://coinhost.zendesk.com) or our live chat system (www.coinhost.io) if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
In addition to portal status updates, engineers will be present in the Coinhost telegram channel providing updates and responding to feedback as the upgrade progresses. Anyone may join our Coinhost Community Telegram at t.me/coinhost.
Coinhost.io Web Services