1. Project Introduction
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative
Things that make BEAM special include:
- Users have complete control over privacy - a user decides which information will be available
and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance to
his will and applicable laws.
- Confidentiality without penalty - in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating
of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance
or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
- No trusted setup required.
- Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
- Limited emission using periodic halving with total amount of coins ~250 million.
- No addresses are stored in the blockchain - no information whatsoever about either the
sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
- Superior scalability through compact blockchain size - using the "cut-through" feature of
Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other
- BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time locked
transactions, atomic swaps and more.
- No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five
- Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers
2. BEAM Info
- Total Supply: 20,733,360 BEAMS
- Max Supply: 262,800,000 BEAMS
- Circulating Supply: 20,773,360 BEAMS
- Issue Date: 2019-01-3
- Cryptographic Algorithm: Mimblewimble
3. Useful Links